This course focuses on practical aspects and an in-depth practical understanding of Microsoft PowerPoint, a presentation tool which is widely utilised by business professionals in the public and private sector as well as civil society, without being maximised to its full potential.
The course is divided into two separate modules that include several broad skills which will allow trainees to use presentations in a way that helps convey the message they want to get across. Secondly, the course will give the trainees the skillset required to improve the proficiency and overall design of the presentation being delivered.
Although the course follows a structured course outline, the trainers’ past professional experience working with both public and private clients will allow them to modify lectures in a way which incorporates queries and scenarios as per the trainee’s current needs and employment.
Microsoft PowerPoint for Business Professionals is designed to cater for individuals who are already familiar with the layout and basic features of Microsoft PowerPoint. In light of the above, the course attendees are expected to either hold a European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL) certification or at least have relevant experience using Microsoft PowerPoint on a regular basis. This includes familiarity with: creating and populating slides; using Charts; and inserting Graphical Objects.
The objectives of this course include:
- Using MS PowerPoint to present work in a professional setting;
- Familiarisation with the advanced presentation tools;
- Familiarisation with Advanced MS PowerPoint Settings and Options;
- Using object linking and embedding as well as MS PowerPoint importing and exporting features to integrate data into the presentation;
- Using video, sounds, and animations; and
- Practicing presentations, timing and creating narrations.
Module 1 – Using MS PowerPoint as a Multi-Media Presentation Tool
- Working with Master Slides:
- Handout Master and Notes Master.
- Using Tables in MS PowerPoint:
- Inserting and Formatting Tables;
- Modifying Table Structure; and
- Embedding Tables through Excel.
- Animating Slides using Text and Pictures:
- Formatting Pictures; and
- Creating Photo Albums.
- Adding Audio and Video content to a presentation:
- Recording and trimming audio clips; and
- Adding Video files and embedding Internet videos.
Module 2 – Advanced MS PowerPoint Options and Settings
- Changing General, Spelling, AutoCorrect, AutoFormat, and Editing Options and Settings.
- Compressing Media Files to Manage Presentation Size.
- Linking to External Data and to Files through Object Linking and Embedding.
- Adding and Reviewing comments.
- Comparing Presentations and Accepting or Rejecting Changes.
- Rehearsing Presentation Timing and Recording a Narration.
- Enabling and using Presenter View.
- Protecting a PowerPoint Presentation.
Bernard Mallia, is not just another run-of-the-mill MS Office trainer. Our training is exclusively designed for professionals and we strongly believe that professionals should not just expect a trainer who can showcase the tools of MS Office applications using rote operations. If this is what you are after, you are better off going for the ECDL Advanced module. Our training aims, and is accordingly designed, to be much more than that.
We choose our trainers on the basis of their proven business and problem-solving abilities, and Bernard Mallia is a case in point. Bernard is a certified MS Office Advanced User and MS Office Expert (one of three on the island) and is an experienced business professional with strong report writing and data analysis skills who also happens to be passionate about lecturing and imparting skills. Bernard is the person with whom our clients share practical real-life scenarios and difficulties with the intent of learning how to exploit the software platform being explored to solve them. This makes our method of delivery a well-balanced trade-off between broad-insight lecturing (as Bernard brings to the table not only his expertise in MS Visio but also his vast knowledge of its integration with other information systems) and problem-specific consulting.
The feedback that we have elicited from our bespoke training sessions given by Bernard were invariably very positive both inasmuch as the trainer himself is concerned, and also with respect to the delivery method utilised by Equinox Academy on the basis of the market research conducted by Equinox Advisory Ltd.
Bernard is an experienced independent consultant and adviser in the fields of MS Office Suite, Economics, Project Management, ICT and Information Systems. He has a polymathic background and was awarded his first degree in Commerce with a specialisation in Public Policy and Economics, as well as an Honours Degree in Public and Private Sector Management from the University of Malta. He pursued post-graduate studies at the University of Edinburgh where he read for a M.Sc. in Economics, and at the European University where he read for a M.Sc. in Information Systems. He has also been the recipient of diplomas in Computerised Bookkeeping (IAB), Project Management (CIC), and Advertising and Public Relations (CIC).
The Fee for the Course is as follows:
- Registration Fee (Non-Refundable): EUR 35.
- Course Fee including: Lectures, Course Notes, Certificate of Attendance and Refreshments (Please see our Terms and Conditions on changes, rejections and cancellations): EUR 245.
By registering for the course, you are agreeing to be bound by all the terms and conditions including payment terms. Upon Registration, an invoice will be issued for payment which includes the Registration Fee and the Course Fee (which you will not be required to pay in terms of rejection but for which you are agreeing to pay in case of acceptance in line with our Terms and Conditions). The invoice is to be paid in its entirety within 15 days from the day of issuance. However, should you not meet the Eligibility Criteria for the selected course, the Course Fee will either not be levied or will be refunded if it has already been paid; the Registration Fee will remain non-refundable.
Should you wish to check about your Eligibility or clarify any other issues prior to Registering, kindly contact us on: email@example.com
Equinox Academy is licensed as a Higher Education Institution (License number 2015-005) by the National Commission for Further and Higher Education.
Sessions for this course will be held both in Malta as follows:
- Day 1: 13th October 2017, 16:15 -20:00
- Day 2: 20th October 2017, 16:15 -20:00