This course focuses on an in-depth practical understanding of Microsoft Project, a project management tool that can be applied to a wide variety of professions, both in the public and the private sectors.
Given that project management is a skill that is highly sought by employers, gaining critical digital knowledge and skills will allow project managers to implement projects efficiently. MS Project allows users to create detailed project plans that factor in deadlines, budgets, as well as resource and task allocation, and allows for completion and milestone execution monitoring. The application has powerful reporting functions that also allow project managers to communicate complicated project plans effectively.
The Award in MS Office Project for Business Professionals has been strategically developed in order to fill a gap in most business professionals’ résumés. By seeking to gain knowledge in a popular, but scarcely-understood project management software, entry-level employees requiring a good understanding of project management automation can catapult will fast track their careers into middle and upper management as these roles require professionals to acquire the skills for creating complex project plans and to implement and monitor these projects successfully.
The MS Office Project for Business Professionals course is structured in three difficulty levels: two basic modules, an intermediate module and an advanced module.
|The objectives of this course include:
Module 1 – MS Project Foundation
- MS Project Fundamentals;
- Navigate the Microsoft Project Environment;
- Using the Ribbon tools and Navigating the Backstage View;
- Importing & Exporting data to a Project;
- Defining a Project;
- Creating a Project from a Template;
- Creating a Project from an Excel Workbook;
- Setting up and Assigning Project Calendars;
- Creating and Organising Tasks;
- Creating a Milestone Task;
- Creating a Recurring Task; and
- Importing and Copying Tasks from another Program.
Module 2 – MS Project Basic User
- Setting up Resources;
- Creating a Material Resource;
- Setting up Costs / Pay Rates for Work and Material Resources;
- Creating a Cost Resource;
- Tables and Formatting;
- Modifying Task Bar Styles and Task Bar Text;
- Modifying Task Bar Layout;
- Modifying Text Formatting;
- Views; and
- Combining Tasks and Resources.
Module 3 – MS Project Intermediate User
- Tracking progress;
- Saving & Clearing a Baseline;
- Adding Tasks to a Baseline;
- Updating the Schedule;
- Applying project management techniques;
- Looking for Cost Problems;
- Using Earned Value Analysis;
- Displaying the Critical Path and Slack;
- Fixing an Incomplete Critical Path; and
- Filtering to show the Critical Path.
Module 4 – MS Project Advanced User
- Setting Cost Rates that Change over Time;
- Assigning Overtime and Accounting for Overtime Costs;
- Scheduling Part-Time Workers;
- Consolidation and Resources Sharing
- Linking Tasks in Different Projects;
- Custom Fields;
- Outline Codes and WBS Codes;
- What are Outline Numbering and WBS Codes;
- Reporting; and
Bernard Mallia, is not just another run-of-the-mill MS Office trainer. Our training is exclusively designed for professionals and we strongly believe that professionals should not just expect a trainer who can showcase the tools of MS Office applications using rote operations. If this is what you are after, you are better off going for the ECDL Advanced module. Our training aims, and is accordingly designed, to be much more than that.
We choose our trainers on the basis of their proven business and problem-solving abilities, and Bernard Mallia is a case in point. Bernard is a certified MS Office Advanced User and MS Office Expert (one of three on the island) and is an experienced business professional with strong report writing and data analysis skills who also happens to be passionate about lecturing and imparting skills. Bernard is the person with whom our clients share practical real-life scenarios and difficulties with the intent of learning how to exploit the software platform being explored to solve them. This makes our method of delivery a well-balanced trade-off between broad-insight lecturing (as Bernard brings to the table not only his expertise in MS Visio but also his vast knowledge of its integration with other information systems) and problem-specific consulting.
The feedback that we have elicited from our bespoke training sessions given by Bernard were invariably very positive both inasmuch as the trainer himself is concerned, and also with respect to the delivery method utilised by Equinox Academy on the basis of the market research conducted by Equinox Advisory Ltd.
Bernard is an experienced independent consultant and adviser in the fields of MS Office Suite, Economics, Project Management, ICT and Information Systems. He has a polymathic background and was awarded his first degree in Commerce with a specialisation in Public Policy and Economics, as well as an Honours Degree in Public and Private Sector Management from the University of Malta. He pursued post-graduate studies at the University of Edinburgh where he read for a M.Sc. in Economics, and at the European University where he read for a M.Sc. in Information Systems. He has also been the recipient of diplomas in Computerised Bookkeeping (IAB), Project Management (CIC), and Advertising and Public Relations (CIC).
The Fee for the Course is as follows:
- Registration Fee (Non-Refundable): EUR 35.
- Course Fee including: Lectures, Course Notes, Certificate of Attendance and Refreshments (Please see our Terms and Conditions on changes, rejections and cancellations): EUR 560
By registering for the course, you are agreeing to be bound by all the terms and conditions including payment terms. Upon Registration, an invoice will be issued for payment which includes the Registration Fee and the Course Fee (which you will not be required to pay in terms of rejection but for which you are agreeing to pay in case of acceptance in line with our Terms and Conditions). The invoice is to be paid in its entirety within 15 days from the day of issuance. However, should you not meet the Eligibility Criteria for the selected course, the Course Fee will either not be levied or will be refunded if it has already been paid; the Registration Fee will remain non-refundable, whereas the Examination fee shall be settled upon registration for the exam.
Should you wish to check about your Eligibility or clarify any other issues prior to Registering, kindly contact us on: email@example.com
Equinox Academy is licensed as a Higher Education Institution (License number 2015-005) by the National Commission for Further and Higher Education.
- Module 1 – 9th, 12th March 2018, 16:30 – 19:30
- Module 2 – 15th, 22nd March 2018, 16:30 –19:30
- Module 3 – 26th, 29th March 2018, 16:30 – 19:30
- Module 4 – 2nd, 5th April 2018, 16:30 – 19:30