This course focuses on practical aspects and an in-depth practical understanding of Microsoft Word, a word processing tool which is widely utilised by business professionals in the public and private sector as well as civil society, without being maximised to its full potential.
The course is divided into two separate modules that include several broad skills which will allow trainees to optimise time-consuming tasks as well as to improve the proficiency of reports and other business-oriented communications.
Although the course follows a structured course outline, the trainers’ past professional experience working with both public and private clients will allow them to modify lectures in a way which incorporates queries and scenarios as per the trainee’s current needs and employment.
Microsoft Word for Business Professionals is designed to cater for individuals who are already familiar with the layout and basic features of Microsoft Word. In light of the above, the course attendees are expected to either hold a European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL) qualification in Word Processing or at least have six to twelve months of experience using Microsoft Word on a regular basis. This includes familiarity with: the Office ribbon, formatting text, applying basic styles, creating and formatting tables, and customising printing options.
The objectives of this course include:
- Recovering unsaved work;
- Familiarisation with the Advanced Word Processing Tools;
- Familiarisation with Advanced MS Word Settings and Options;
- Acquiring the skills to use Building Blocks and Macros in MS Word;
- Using object linking and embedding to present tasks performed using other MS Office applications as well as external software;
- Making the right decisions about the selection and appropriate use of tools and techniques to present and to print reports effectively;
- Using MS Word to effortlessly provide feedback when reviewing someone else’s work; and
- Managing multiple versions of the same document.
Tutor: Bernard Mallia
Date: 4th April 2017
Time: 16:00 – 19:30
- Advanced Page Layout Options;
- Advanced Formatting and Style tools:
- Creating and Modifying Style Templates;
- Managing Conflicting Styles;
- Moving and Copying Styles between Documents;
- Finding and Replacing Styles and Formats;
- Creating and Managing Indexes;
- Tracking Changes and Managing Tracked Changes;
- Markup Options;
- The Compare and Merge Tool;
- Managing Multiple Document Versions; and
- Inserting and Managing Comments.
Tutor: Bernard Mallia
Date: 11th April 2017
Time: 16:00 – 19:30
- Automatically Saving and Recovering Files;
- Using Wildcards and Special Characters to Find and Replace;
- Object Linking and Embedding;
- Linking to External Data and to Files;
- Using and Managing Building Blocks in MS Word;
- Creating Quick Parts;
- Using Macros in MS Word;
- Mail-Merge and Mail-Merge Rules;
- Restricting Editing and Formatting; and
- Protecting a Document.
Our trainer for this module, Bernard Mallia is not just another run-of-the-mill MS Excel trainer. Our training is exclusively designed for professionals and we strongly believe that professionals should not just expect a trainer who can showcase the tools of MS Excel using rote operations. If this is what you are after, you are better off going for the ECDL Advanced module. Our training aims, and is accordingly designed, to be much more than that.
We choose our trainers on the basis of their proven business and problem-solving abilities, and Bernard Mallia is a case in point. Bernard is an experienced business professional with strong number crunching and data analysis skills who also happens to be passionate about lecturing and imparting skills. Bernard is the person with whom our clients share practical real-life scenarios and difficulties with the intent of learning how to exploit the software platform being explored to solve them. This makes our method of delivery a well-balanced trade-off between broad-insight lecturing (as Bernard brings to the table not only his expertise in MS Excel but also his vast knowledge of its integration with other information systems and his thorough knowledge of econometrics and statistics) and problem-specific consulting. The feedback that we have elicited from our bespoke training sessions given by Bernard were invariably very positive both inasmuch as the trainer himself is concerned, and also with respect to the delivery method utilised by Equinox Academy on the basis of the market research conducted by Equinox Advisory Ltd.
The prices we charge, despite being affordable, might not be the absolute cheapest on the market, but they undoubtedly represent the best value for money proposition available out there.
Bernard is an experienced independent consultant and adviser in the fields of economics, project management, ICT and Information Systems. He has a polymathic background and was awarded his first degree in Commerce with a specialisation in Public Policy and Economics, as well as an honours degree in Public and Private Sector Management from the University of Malta. He pursued post- graduate studies at the University of Edinburgh where he read for a M.Sc. in Economics, and at the European University where he read for a M.Sc. in Information Systems. He has also been the recipient of diplomas in Computerised Bookkeeping (IAB), Project Management (CIC), and Advertising and Public Relations (CIC). Bernard is a certified MS Office advanced user and a SQL Server 2005 Microsoft Certified Professional. Bernard delivers courses in:
- MS Excel
- Odds and Gaming
- Financial Planning & Budgeting
- Risk Management
- Project Management
- Regulatory Policy and Institutions
The two-day information-packed programme comes at a price of €350 per participant.
- Course Notes
- Free Parking
Equinox Academy is licensed as a Higher Education License Institution (License number 2015-005) by the National Commission for Further and Higher Education.
Sessions for this course will be held in English as follows:
- Tuesday 4th April 16:00 – 19:30
- Tuesday 11th April 16:00 – 19:30