Our Course on MS Word for Business Professionals focuses on practical aspects and an in-depth understanding of Microsoft Word, as a word processing tool which is widely utilised by business professionals in the public and private sector as well as civil society, without being maximised to its full potential.
The course is divided into six separate modules that include several tricks and skills related to creating and managing files, modifying layouts and structure of text, share and collaborate on documents and understanding the mail merge process. Such expertise will allow trainees to optimise time-consuming tasks and improve their proficiency of reports and other business-oriented communication.
Although the training follows a structured course outline, the trainers’ past professional experience, working with both public and private clients will allow them to modify lectures in a way which incorporates queries and scenarios as per the trainee’s current needs and employment.
MS Word for Business Professionals is targeted towards individuals from all walks of life, who are already familiar with the layout and basic features of Microsoft Word and are interested in pursuing further studies in extending their professional knowledge and skills of the tool.
This course significantly contributes to increase the employability of people who want to access the job market as well as enhance the job performance of those already employed, giving them the opportunity to learn how to perform increasingly specialised procedures and to build new useful skills.
The Objectives of this course are to:
- Manage Documents and Templates;
- Prepare Documents for Review;
- Manage Document Changes;
- Perform Advanced Editing and Formatting;
- Create Styles;
- Create and Manage Indexes;
- Create and Manage References;
- Manage Forms, Fields, and Mail-Merge Operations;
- Create and Modify Building Blocks, Macros, and Controls; and
- Create Custom Style Sets and Templates;
Module 1 – Explore Microsoft Office Word 2016
- Working in the Microsoft Office Word user interface;
- Change Office and app options;
- Customize the Quick Access Toolbar;
- Customize the ribbon;
- Skills review; and
- Practice tasks.
Module 2 – Create and Manage Files in MS Word 2016
- Create files;
- Open and move around in files;
- Display different views of files;
- Display and edit file properties;
- Save and close files;
- Enter and Edit text;
- Preview and adjust page layout for printing;
- Skills review; and
- Practice tasks.
Module 3 – Page Layout: Modify the structure and appearance of text in MS Word 2016
- Apply paragraph formatting;
- Apply character formatting;
- Create and modify lists;
- Apply built-in styles to text;
- Change the document theme;
- Organise information in columns and tables; and
- Add simple graphic elements.
Module 4 – Collaborate on documents in Word 2016
- Mark up documents;
- Display and review document markup;
- Compare and merge documents;
- Control content changes; and
- Coauthor documents.
Module 5 – Understand the mail merge process in Word 2016
- Start the mail merge process;
- Choose and refine the data source;
- Insert merge fields;
- Preview and complete the merge; and
- Create individual envelopes and labels.
Module 6 – Advanced MS Word 2016 Options and Settings for Optimising Tasks
- Automatically Saving and Recovering Files;
- Advanced Editing and Formatting;
- Advanced reference content and content sources;
- Linking to External Data and Files; and
- Create and Managing Building Blocks in MS Word.
Irene De Bernardin is the trainer for this course. Our executive training is exclusively designed for professionals and we strongly believe that professionals should not just expect a trainer who can walk them through theory. Our training aims is accordingly designed to be much more than that. We choose our trainers on the basis of their proven business and problem-solving abilities.
Irene holds a Master’s and a Bachelor’s degree in International Sciences and Diplomatic Relations from the University of Trieste, Italy, specialising in EU Project Management for International Cooperation. Irene is also a certified Microsoft Office Expert.
As a Junior Policy Officer at the Brussels Delegation of the Association of Chamber of Commerce for the Veneto Region (Italy), she analysed European Affairs to support SMEs, identifying the most interesting political instruments and funds made available for the Venetian region. Irene further enhanced her professional expertise by working for over three years as a Project Manager at Eurosportello Veneto, the European Information Centre hosted by the Association of the Chamber of Commerce of Veneto Region. Moreover, she is currently the Logistics and Projects Manager at Equinox Advisory and Trainer at Equinox Academy.
The Fee for the Course is as follows:
- Registration Fee (Non-Refundable): EUR 35.
- Course Fee including: Lectures, Course Notes, Certificate of Attendance and Refreshments (Please see our Terms and Conditions on changes, rejections and cancellations): EUR 815
By registering for the course, you are agreeing to be bound by all the Terms and Conditions including payment terms. Upon Registration, an invoice will be issued for payment, which includes the Registration Fee and the Course Fee (which you will not be required to pay in terms of rejection but for which you are agreeing to pay in case of acceptance in line with our Terms and Conditions). The invoice is to be paid in its entirety within 15 days from the day of issuance. However, should you not meet the Eligibility Criteria for the selected course, the Course Fee will either not be levied or will be refunded if it has already been paid; the Registration Fee will remain non-refundable.
Should you wish to check about your Eligibility or clarify any other issues prior to Registering, kindly contact us on: email@example.com
Equinox Academy is licensed as a Higher Education Institution (License number 2015-005) by the National Commission for Further and Higher Education.
Sessions for this course will be held in English as follows:
- Module 1: 17th and 24th October 2017 17:00 -19:45
- Module 2: 27th and 31st October 2017, 17:00 -19:45
- Module 3: 3rd and 7th November 2017, 17:00 -19:45
- Module 4: 10th and 14th November 2017, 17:00 -19:45
- Module 5: 17th and 21st November 2017, 17:00 -19:45
- Module 6: 24th and 28th November 2017, 17:00 -19:45