Microsoft Office Publisher
Equinox Academy is certified by Microsoft to deliver courses related to all Microsoft Office Suite. In this context, the Award in Microsoft Publisher focuses on a “desktop publishing software” used to create effective communication, publication and marketing material. This is an important skill that is required in any entity that publicises information online or in paper format such as: web content, professional flyers, newsletters and brochures for print, mail, or mail-merges. In this context, Equinox Academy aim to provide a hands-on practical training course on Microsoft Publisher which will address this need, by enabling any attendee to create items for publication.
This course will train applicants to use tips and tricks for managing pictures, working with text and adding shapes to enhance publications. It will also provide a good overview on working with existing pre-made templates, creating one’s own template and using the tools within the ribbon of the software application.
We aim to target personnel in a variety of job roles such as publishing specialists, layout specialists, graphic designers or any other knowledge workers such as those working within Public Relations, Communications and Marketing, who need to use the latest version of Microsoft Office Publisher to create, lay out, edit and share publications. The aim is to ensure that such personnel speed up their work, develop an eye for design and maximise the use and potential of the application.
The high-level objectives of this course include:
- Maximising the use of the MS Publisher application in its entirety and applying it to any publication;
- Learning to work with pre-existing templates that can be easily customised;
- Reviewing the parts of a pre-existing template to help when building one’s own template;
- Setting up headers and footers that are consistent across the publication;
- Mastering office management tips for adding pictures, text and shapes to the publication;
- Using mail merge to personalise every single publication to the individual recipient; and
- Learning shortcut tips that will expedite design time.
- Getting Started with Microsoft Publisher
- Navigating the Interface;
- Customising the Publisher Interface;
- Creating a Publication;
- Adding Content to a Publication
- Adding Text to a Publication;
- Adding Pages and Picture Placeholders to a Publication;
- Controlling the Display of Content in Text Boxes; and
- Applying Building Blocks to a Publication.
- Formatting Text and Paragraphs in a Publication
- Formatting Text;
- Formatting Paragraphs; and
- Applying Schemes;
- Managing Text in a Publication
- Editing Text in a Publication;
- Working with Tables; and
- Inserting Symbols and Special Characters.
- Working with Graphics in a Publication
- Inserting Graphics in a Publication; and
- Customising the Appearance of Pictures.
- Preparing a Publication for Sharing and Printing
- Checking the Design of a Publication;
- Saving a Publication in Different Formats;
- Printing a Publication; and
- Sharing a Publication.
Bernard Mallia, is not just another run-of-the-mill MS Office trainer. Our training is exclusively designed for professionals and we strongly believe that professionals should not just expect a trainer who can showcase the tools of MS Office applications using rote operations. If this is what you are after, you are better off going for the ECDL Advanced module. Our training aims, and is accordingly designed, to be much more than that.
We choose our trainers on the basis of their proven business and problem-solving abilities, and Bernard Mallia is a case in point. Bernard is a certified MS Office Advanced User and MS Office Expert (one of three on the island) and is an experienced business professional with strong report writing and data analysis skills who also happens to be passionate about lecturing and imparting skills. Bernard is the person with whom our clients share practical real-life scenarios and difficulties with the intent of learning how to exploit the software platform being explored to solve them. This makes our method of delivery a well-balanced trade-off between broad-insight lecturing (as Bernard brings to the table not only his expertise in MS Visio but also his vast knowledge of its integration with other information systems) and problem-specific consulting.
The feedback that we have elicited from our bespoke training sessions given by Bernard were invariably very positive both inasmuch as the trainer himself is concerned, and also with respect to the delivery method utilised by Equinox Academy on the basis of the market research conducted by Equinox Advisory Ltd.
Bernard is an experienced independent consultant and adviser in the fields of MS Office Suite, Economics, Project Management, ICT and Information Systems. He has a polymathic background and was awarded his first degree in Commerce with a specialisation in Public Policy and Economics, as well as an Honours Degree in Public and Private Sector Management from the University of Malta. He pursued post-graduate studies at the University of Edinburgh where he read for a M.Sc. in Economics, and at the European University where he read for a M.Sc. in Information Systems. He has also been the recipient of diplomas in Computerised Bookkeeping (IAB), Project Management (CIC), and Advertising and Public Relations (CIC).
The Fee for the Course is as follows:
- Registration Fee (Non-Refundable): EUR 35.
- Course Fee including: Lectures, Course Notes, Certificate of Attendance and Refreshments (Please see our Terms and Conditions on changes, rejections and cancellations): EUR 215
By registering for the course, you are agreeing to be bound by all the Terms and Conditions including payment terms. Upon Registration, an invoice will be issued for payment, which includes the Registration Fee and the Course Fee (which you will not be required to pay in terms of rejection but for which you are agreeing to pay in case of acceptance in line with our Terms and Conditions). The invoice is to be paid in its entirety within 15 days from the day of issuance. However, should you not meet the Eligibility Criteria for the selected course, the Course Fee will either not be levied or will be refunded if it has already been paid; the Registration Fee will remain non-refundable.
Should you wish to check about your Eligibility or clarify any other issues prior to Registering, kindly contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equinox Academy is licensed as a Higher Education Institution (License number 2015-005) by the National Commission for Further and Higher Education.
Sessions for this course will be held as follows:
- Day 1 – 1st March 2018, 16:00 – 20:00
- Day 2 –5th March 2018, 16:00 – 20:00
The sessions above will be held in English.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.