Getting the most out of a 24-hour day is a constant challenge in our busy world, characterised by the cliché that there is always too much to do and not enough time to do it, and making time management a common problem many people face in the workplace. Although it is not physically possible to increase the number of hours in a day, some techniques and tools can be used to help in managing the time at one’s disposal more efficiently and to increase productivity.
Time management is definitely one of the fundamental aspects of today’s working life that needs to be mastered in order to remain competitive and ensure effectiveness and personal satisfaction.
The concept of time management includes a wide range of themes: operating in an environment conducive to effectiveness, the setting of priorities, the carrying out of activities around prioritisation, the reduction of time spent on non-priorities, and the promulgation of incentives to modify behaviour in order to ensure compliance with deadlines.
Defined as the process of planning and exercising conscious control over the amount of time spent on specific activities to increase efficiency, effectivity and productivity, time management could be considered a subset of the fields of project management and attention management.
The objectives of this course include:
- Understand what Time Management entails and its Theories;
- Identify Personal Time Management Issues;
- Becoming familiar with useful Methods and Tools to become effective;
- Learn how to set Goals and Priorities;
- Establish the individual Work-Life Balance;
- Becoming timely efficient through Coaching and Effective Communication with the Team; and
- Being aware of Bad Habits and Master Alternative Solutions for a Successful Time Management.
This Training Proposal is therefore intended for Professionals who can benefit from the application of the Principles of more efficient Time Management and how to Concentrate on Urgent Matters without Neglecting the rest.
- Explore Time Management
- Definition of Time Management and its connection with Project Management and Attention Management; and
- Theories of Time Management.
- Learn how to become Smart
- The GTD Method (Getting Things Done);
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People;
- Tips to successfully manage Stress and achieve Results;
- Setting clear Goals and Objectives;
- Proper Prioritisation between Tasks;
- Avoidance of Procrastination and respect of Deadlines;
- Work-Life Balance;
- Definition of Personal Core Values and Priorities;
- Effective Delegation: The Importance of Coaching;
- Investing in Higher Productivity; and
- Effective Communication.
- The Time Thieves: Causes and Solutions
- Responsibilities and Roles;
- Inability to say “No” and Delegate;
- Unexpected Visitors and Distractions;
- Meetings and Travels;
- Management by Crisis;
- The Art of Negotiation;
- Managing Difficult People; and
- Conflict Resolution.
- It’s time to start practicing
- The Golden Rules of Time Management;
- How to Start: Time, Space, Tools;
- Challenges and Recommendations.
Irene De Bernardin is the trainer for this course. Our executive training is exclusively designed for professionals and we strongly believe that professionals should not just expect a trainer who can walk them through theory. Our training aims are designed to be much more than that. We choose our trainers on the basis of their proven business and problem-solving abilities. Irene is an experienced business professional with diverse skills and ample experience in the Corporate Sector who also happens to be passionate about lecturing and imparting skills. Irene is the person with whom our clients share practical real-life scenarios and difficulties with the intent of finding solutions. This makes our method of delivery a well- balanced trade-off between broad-insight lecturing and problem-specific consulting. The feedback that we have elicited from our bespoke training sessions given by Irene were invariably very positive both inasmuch as the trainer herself is concerned, and also with respect to the delivery method she has used.
Irene holds a Master’s and a Bachelor’s degree in International Sciences and Diplomatic Relations from the University of Trieste, Italy, specialising in EU Project Management for International Cooperation. She is currently the Logistics and Projects Manager at Equinox Advisory and Trainer at Equinox Academy.
As a Junior Policy Officer at the Brussels Delegation of the Association of Chamber of Commerce for the Veneto Region (Italy), she analysed European Affairs to support SMEs, identifying the most interesting political instruments and funds made available for the Venetian region. Irene further enhanced her professional expertise by working for over three years as a Project Manager at Eurosportello Veneto, the European Information Centre hosted by the Association of the Chamber of Commerce of Veneto Region.
Therefore, Irene’s skills in managing tasks effectively, multi-tasking and implementing projects systematically provide her the right skills and experience to deliver the course.
Irene’s areas of interest include:
- Proposal Writing and Project Management including Time Management;
- EU Affairs and EU Funding Instruments;
- Research and Innovation;
- Tourism promotion; and
- Education and Training Programmes.
The Fee for the Course is as follows:
- Registration Fee (Non-Refundable): EUR 35.
- Course Fee including: Lectures, Course Notes, Certificate of Attendance and Refreshments (Please see our Terms and Conditions on changes, rejections and cancellations): EUR 145
By registering for the course, you are agreeing to be bound by all the Terms and Conditions including payment terms. Upon Registration, an invoice will be issued for payment, which includes the Registration Fee and the Course Fee (which you will not be required to pay in terms of rejection but for which you are agreeing to pay in case of acceptance in line with our Terms and Conditions). The invoice is to be paid in its entirety within 15 days from the day of issuance. However, should you not meet the Eligibility Criteria for the selected course, the Course Fee will either not be levied or will be refunded if it has already been paid; the Registration Fee will remain non-refundable.
Should you wish to check about your Eligibility or clarify any other issues prior to Registering, kindly contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sessions for this course will be held as follows:
- Day 1: 3rd May 2018, 9:30 – 16:00
- Day 2: 4th May 2018, 9:30 – 16:00