Equinox Academy Privacy , Script & Cookie Notice
Equinox Academy Ltd. is an NCFHE-accredited further and higher education services institution registered under the Laws of Malta with headquarters in 36, Archbishop Street, Valletta VLT 1447, Malta.
Should You need to contact us for any reason in relation to your privacy, we can be contacted by email here: firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal mail on the following address: Data Protection Representative, Equinox Academy Ltd., 36, Archbishop street, Valletta VLT 1447.
You can contact us:
(a) by post, using the postal address above;
(b) using the Website contact form;
(c) by telephone, on +356 2137 6242; or
(d) by email, on email@example.com.
1.3 Data Protection Representative
To contact Our data protection representative, please send Your email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will then log Your email and redirect it internally to Our data protection representative and anyone else who might need to provide his/her input to answer your query.
A cookie can be classified by its lifespan and the domain to which it belongs. By lifespan, a cookie is either a session cookie which is erased when the user closes the browser or a persistent cookie which remains on the user’s computer/device for a pre-defined period of time.A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a series of letters and numbers) that is sent by Our web server to Your web browser and is stored by Your browser for future use. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies usually do not hold any information that could personally identify You, but personal information that we store about You may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies. We will NOT place any cookies on Your device unless You give us permission to do so through this link or through the accept all processing button below. On the same permissions page, You may also change Your preferences at any time.
A script is a set of code loaded within Our website’s HTML code as served to Your browser which specifies how Our website behaves in response to certain behavioural patterns or click requests sent by You while using Our website. Your browser temporarily downloads and processes scripts in order for the intended functionality to be made available. Scripts that need to request additional information in response to user-generated events (like clicks, mouse-overs, etc.) may generate additional requests to Our server. This does away with the need for users of Our website to have to go through a number of complicated steps to achieve an outcome while browsing a website or working on their machines. Scripts are similar in nature and in function to cookies but do not leave text files behind in Your web browser folder like cookies do.
Please note that blocking all cookies and scripts, or even some of them, will have a negative impact on the usability and possibly the rendering of many websites, including Ours. If You block cookies and scripts You will not be able to use all the features on the Website and might not be able to view it correctly or in the way it was originally intended to be displayed.
To identify Your interaction with the Website when You visit the Website and as You navigate the Website (scripts used for this purpose are: Google Analytics and DoubleClick);
To allow for interaction with social media. Whenever You interact with social media features on this and any other website the social media with which You are interacting might collect data about You (scripts used for this purpose are: Facebook Connect, Twitter Button & Twitter Syndication, Pinterest, Google+ Platform).
- Right of access – You can request a copy of the information that We hold about You.
- Right of rectification – You can ask Us to correct data that We hold about You if it’s inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in some situations, You may ask Us to delete all the data We hold about You. This right cannot be exercised if We have an overriding legal obligation to retain that data for a period prescribed by the relevant overriding legislation.
- Right to restriction of processing – in some situations, You may ask Us to restrict the processing of Your data.
- Right of portability – You may ask Us to transfer the data We hold about You to another organisation.
- Right to object – You have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – You also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to complaint about how your Personal Data is being processed by Us (or third parties), or about how Your complaint has been handled, – You can lodge a complaint directly with Our Data Protection Officer or with the Office of the Information and Data Protection Commissioner (https://idpc.org.mt/).
The version of this Privacy & Cookies Policy is currently Version 1.2 and was last updated on May 15 2018. It is valid and applies to You until a new version uploaded on the Website and is accepted by You.